Oracle® Forms Migration
Transform Oracle® Forms and Reports modules to a modernized application.
Oracle® Forms and Reports modules from version 4.5 to 12c:
- Forms (.fmb);
- Reports (.rdf);
- Libraries (.pll);
- Menus (.mmb);
- Object Libraries (.olb).
Can target both .NET or Java stacks as output; Integration with popular IDE’s (Visual Studio and Eclipse); Up to 100% conversion ratio.
- Time, effort and cost saving when compared to full rewrite or traditional automatic approaches;
- Business risk minimization, by preserving business logic;
- Fully customizable and adaptable processes;
- Uniform and consistent results;
- Generated code complies with industry best practices.
Modernization projects are always unique because of their peculiarities:
- Architectural patterns involved (original and target); Specific code patterns in the source code;
- Used and to be used system APIs;
- Standards for coding the target system;
... but they all require flexible and automated processes!
- Contrary to typical conversion methods that try to map programming language constructs between languages, Morphis Tech Transformer relies on a Model Rectification and Transformation approach where the code structures are molded to a completely new architecture.
- The final code that is generated by the tools is organized in such a way that facilitates the promotion to a multi-tiered architecture based on services.
- Oracle® Forms structures are transformed to the Model-View-Controller (MVC) architectural pattern.
- The migration works at the semantic level by recognizing Oracle code patterns and converting them into .NET/Java code patterns.
- Whenever possible the original code micro-structure and functionality is preserved.
- All migration techniques have to address the semantic gap that separates the original from the target environment.
The adopted solution consists in preserving the application business logic by using a run-time framework (FOUNDATIONS) to support the original Oracle® Forms application behavior. Simplifying the migration, allowing “migration intelligence” to be divided between the transformation tools and the framework.
Morphis Tech's Transformation is a highly customizable platform, allowing for the incorporation of specific client requirements on the transformation process:
- Dead code removal;
- Duplicated code removal;
- Naming policies;
- Layout restructuring;
- PL/SQL extraction to/from the database
Using Morphis Tech toolset allow us to intervene at all stages of the transformation process. Before, during or after.
- It supports application development according to the MVC / MVVM standard.
- It promotes the complete separation between presentation layer and business logic layer.
- It has a set of rich functionalities targeted to CRUD applications which reduces the programming needs to business rules and interaction logic.
- Single programming language (Java or .NET C#) both for UI interaction rules and business rules.